More Story Prompts
1. "I will turn the ground into fire," he said. With that look in his eyes and the magic crackling around his fingertips she believed him.
2. When you know you’re going to die, how long do you keep trying to live?
3. Do you know how long a person can listen to the sound of waves breaking on a pier before they start to hate it? I'm not sure of other people, but it took me three days before each gentle swish made me want to beat my head against the wooden crate I had hidden in.
4. “I live in a world of dust and blood,” he said, his eyes closing. Everything was either a remnant of the past or stained beyond repair.
5. “Do you have any idea what you’re asking?” He hadn't meant to whisper. Thinking about the horn just put him in that mood. It was like talking in a library. He resisted the urge to run his hand through his hair again.